Thursday, February 17, 2005

eBay Treasure Hunt

I'm addicted to this. eBay is having a huge "treasure hunt" in which they give you a clue, and then you have to try and find the hidden item that corresponds to that clue. The prize is $1,000 for whoever finds the item first, and they do it 25 times a day until next Wednesday. I came so close to winning one too. The hint was The Grateful Dead. I searched for Jerry Garcia, then Tie Die, Tie Dye, then Ben and Jerry's (I don't know why I did this, maybe I was thinking Cherry Garcia), then Cherry Garcia. It actually turned out to be a Ben & Jerry's T-shirt. If only I hadn't put in the "and" in my search I may have won a cool G! Try it out, especially if you are at work. Just wait until they add a new clue and search for yourself. Some of the hints are damn hard. They have all of past hints on the link above, so see if you would have gotten it. They add new clues about every hour.
Here are some hints:
All the winning auctions are Buy it Now, so you can search for only BIN items.
The auctions will have 0 bids, so you can search for only auctions with no bids.
And, lastly, the items are listed only in US currency and in the united states.

Good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home