Thursday, November 17, 2005

If I can't find a horny immigrant by then...

Last night a bunch of us went over to the William Kaisers' place for a BBQ and some viewing of a show they said was pretty funny: Arrested Development. I must say I was a little bit scared bacause Sarah thought it was a funny show, and she is Canadian. The last time I watched something a Canadian thought was funny, well, it was painful. Ever heard of the Canadian show Air Farce? No? Good. But back on topic, this show is one of the funniest I have seen in a long time. It's about a dysfunctional grown-up family, and the father is in jail. It's a strange plot, so i'm not gonna summarize anything but if you get a chance to see these (netflix, etc.), do yourself a favor. I will leave you with this (my favorite lines of the first 6 episodes.) However, just reading it without knowing the characters makes it only half as funny as seeing it.
Gob: And if I'm going to be staying here -—
Lucille: Staying here? What, did that Mexican throw you out?
Gob: She's not "that Mexican," Mom. She's my Mexican. And she's Colombian or something. Anyway, it's over.
Lucille: You've got three days.
Gob: Hey ... if I can't find a horny immigrant by then, I don't deserve to stay here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Prophet said...

david cross is awesome. i heard they are actually canceling the show though.

11/18/2005 12:39 PM  
Blogger Koobs said...

true. the schedule got all messed up with the baseball playoffs and I guess they lost a lot of fans. Unfortunate. Hopefully another station or cable picks them up.

11/18/2005 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home