Friday, December 24, 2004

Back in San Diego

So I took the train down from Oxnard to North county San Diego yesterday. Somehow it takes 4.25 hours to get here, but only 3 to drive it. We just had my family's traditional Christmas Eve dinner which consisted of tamales, cottage cheese, home made beans, and fresh salsa. I don't really know where this tradition came from, but it is quite tasty. I have to go wrap presents now for my 9 siblings, because we always open some gifts from siblings on Christmas Eve. Then it's off to Midnight Mass, or maybe I'll procrastinate (see below) and go to the late Mass tomorrow.

This thought leads me to a question? Why do so many people only go to Mass on Christmas and Easter? My parish has 9 Masses in this 24 hour period. What makes people think it necessary to go 2 times a year, but not every Sunday. For me it would be always or never. Oh well, at least it's not this crowded every Sunday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home