Friday, March 04, 2005

Could you repeat that, I can't hear you...

So I wake up at 5 AM Wednesday morning and my ear is aching. "What the hell?" I think to myself as try to go back to sleep. I am supposed to wake up in an hour and a half to go snowboarding with some friends. But, alas, I am unable to fall asleep. I contemplate whether or not I should go to the mountain, but seeing as I was the one who planned the event, I decided to go. One thing I hadn't realized: High altitude = more pressure, more pressure + ear infection =more pain. Needless to say, that was the worst day of boarding I have ever had. I get home, shower, overdose on codeine, and fall asleep quickly. I wake up to feel my ear "pop", and most of the pressure is gone. But then blood and clear fluid starts coming out my ear, as I realize I can't seem to hear out my left ear. I go to the doctor in the morning. He takes a look in my ears and says, "That's one bloody eardrum. It looks like someone stuck a pencil in there." "That can't be good," I think to myself. Turns out my eardrum ruptured, and I will be without hearing in that ear for a little while. Sounds like a lot of us have had a shitty week. At least Seldom's car wasn't really stolen. If I had known earlier, I could have thrown out cool Big Lebowski lines too, like:
WALTER
Where's your car, Dude?

DUDE
You don't know, Walter? You seem to know the answer to everything else!

WALTER
Hmm. Well, we were in a handicapped spot. It, uh, it was probably towed.

DUDE
It's been stolen, Walter! You fucking know it's been stolen!

WALTER
Well, certainly that's a possibility, Dude--
Kimmy, get better soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home